Here's a sample problem:
- The number is greater than the number of pennies in a quarter.
- The number is less than the number of pennies in five dimes.
- The number is an odd number.
- If you count by 5s, you say the number.
- The sum of the digits is 8.
Check out Guess the Number on Mathwire to download more problems and their solutions. Be sure to read suggestions for using these problems in math classes. After solving several, encourage students to write their own original Guess the Number logic problems.